Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Meet baby #2 (only 9 months late!)

Hi everyone!!! It's been so long since I logged on here and updated! I am happy to announce that baby number two made it's way into the world and it was a BOY! Our little Drew (who was a huge 9 lbs 2 oz no wonder I was tired and sore all the time!) I'm not even going to lie and say I was instantly happy when we found out because well, I wasn't. I had wanted a girl pretty badly. But the minute I saw that sweet little face and heard those amazing cries I couldn't have imagined it any other way! It's funny sometimes I look at him and realize he was the baby I had dreamt of in my head the entire time I was pregnant with Brooke he just came later! (Not that I don't love Brooke or wasn't happy with who she is) It's funny how things like that worked, I had convinced myself Brooke was a boy and would look alot like Drew did, but she was a girl with this light hair ha ha and then I am pregnant a second time and dream of this sweet second little girl and end up with my dark hair light eye drew drew!
He's already 9 months old I can't believe it! It seems like yesterday I went into the hospital with contractions (only to be told I would be "tucked in" for the night since I was scheduled for c-section in the morning). It was a LONG night! He's crawling and eating regular foods and trying to talk and gaining so much personality! I love watching how Brooke interacts with him and how he watches her to learn new things. (some unwanted) It's something new each and every day and I'm so thankful for it!
I also wanted to comment on a personal goal, I had mentioned awhile back about getting serious and losing weight and I am happy to announce that just before getting pregnant I had dropped 29 lbs! It was like I was a whole new person! While I gained basically all of it back with pregnancy (remember I had a 9lb baby!) I was a few lbs off of my pre-pregnancy weight about a week after delivery! I gave myself some time to recover, and nurse without ever even thinking of counting a calorie or cutting back. I wanted to make sure I gave the most and best I could to Drew with nursing! Now that he's 9 months old (and still nursing) he's eating a lot more table foods and drinks some water here and there I feel my supply is built up and he's getting plenty so back on the calorie counting wagon I go! It's been about 2 weeks (I'm only cutting about 250 calories a day to lose a half lb a week) but somehow my body must have been jump started because I'm already down another 5 lbs! That's 34 lbs lost! Here's hoping the next 20 lbs go away just as quickly! I'm not really sure what my goal is yet, I'm not as obsessed by the number on the scale as the way I look and feel!
Anyways I hope you all enjoyed my little update and if your reading this shortly after it's been posted have a happy loving valentines day! If not I hope you have a great day!

<3
Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment