I shouldn't watch that show extreme coupons or whatever because it makes me want to get super deals too but as I mentioned above I go into a store and end up buying things that aren't necessary *see birthday present for my 5 month old ha ha! At the grocery store the next day I did a good job tho! I only bought what I needed, had a coupon for everything but milk and banana's, and 7 dollars off from last weeks' groceries! So I ended up spending only 6 dollars and saving 11 dollars!
On Saturday my husband and I went to the store and we bought 2 apple trees, 2 blueberry bushes, and a raspberry bush! I cant wait to get fresh, no pesticide raspberries this year! I'm not sure if the apple trees will produce fruit this year or not but either way soon we will have healthy natural fruit to feed ourselves with, without having to buy it at the store! Plus that night I went with my parents to my grandparents house for them to show off there new Honda Pilot. While they were looking at the car I took the baby to the creek at there house. One of my favorite places in the world! I spent HOURS there growing up. It was my place to escape and relax during the pressures of high school and I cant wait to share the amazing wonders of outdoors and nature and just that special place with Brooke. It was her first time to be there and she seemed to love it! She just sat on my lap and watched the water and baby babbled happily!
Today (Sunday) we went to the Cub Scout fundraiser that we go to every year. It's a combination of a kid's carnival, Chinese auction, and raffle! It's honestly one of my FAVORITE things of the year! I saved the money I got for my birthday back in October for this! We figured it out that we spent around 65 dollars on tickets today! Plus probably around 5 dollars for food. And I must say it payed off for us this year! We ended up bringing home..
from the half hour raffles..
- 5 dollar Red lobster gift card and a kids buffet to old country buffet
- A ball cap (which I traded my cousin for a coupon for dessert at valley dairy) and a Charley's b.o.g.o. free sub coupon
- Ci Ci's Adult buffet b.o.g.o. free card and 2 kids buffets to old country buffet
- 2 admission passes to the Carnegie science center (which means we can go this summer since Brooke should get in for free!
- 4 passes to Living Treasures Animal Park! I wanted it so bad! Yet again Brooke is free to go so that's a great deal for us!
- A HUGE bird feeding gift basket that included bird seed, a bird feeder, a suet cage thing and 2 things to fill it, one of those net feeders and the feed for it!, a DVD about farming ha ha, a tick remover, and 2 super cool flashlights
- A gift basket that included a gingerbread man heat pad called a "cozy cookie" it's SO cute and I'm sure it will come in handy some day when Brooke isn't feeling well, a child's meal somewhere I don't remember where, and a 1 lb box of assorted chocolates!
It was SUCH a great weekend! The best part is tomorrow the fun gets to continue when we get to go to the angel in the attic consignment sale! Hopefully I'll get Brooke some great things at a great price! I hope everyone else had a good weekend too and enjoyed the beautiful weather if your reading this from our area!
It's time for bed for me night everyone!!